Like it or not, we are all healers. We are the only ones who can heal ourselves.
No doctor can make you heal. Doctors, healers, etc. can help facilitate your healing, give you guidance and even enhance your body’s own healing capabilities but they cannot do the healing for you.
If you don’t believe that you can heal from something, you will make it harder for your body to do its job properly. Conversely, if you believe in the power of your body, you can give it the best shot at recovery.
So, how do we let our body know that we believe that it can heal?
We start by talking to it and here’s a simple exercise to connect with your body.
1. Start by breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth. This is a calming breath and it helps your body get into a state to activate your parasympathetic nervous system which plays a role in healing.
2. Put your hands on your body or your pain and say hello to your body.
3. Check in with yourself and be aware of your emotions. What are you feeling right now? How do you feel about this part of your body?
4. Check in with your breath and ensure that it is still going in through your nose and out through your mouth.
5. Check in with your thoughts. What are they saying? Are you thinking about your next meal or your to-do list? If so, you are checking out of your body.
6. Check in with your breath and ensure that it is still going in through your nose and out through your mouth.
7. Ask your body if there is anything that it needs from you. Wait quietly. Sometimes, you will get an answer, others, nothing will come. Try again another time.
Need some help? Give our office a call. I am available for virtual consults and in-office consults. 613-446-6060. For more information about virtual treatments, Click HERE.
Looking for more information about Neuro-Optimization? Click HERE.
To sign up for Dr. Amanda Chan’s weekly health and wellness articles visit HERE