About Holistic Nutrition
Holistic Nutrition aims to guide and lead you to an improved sense of wellbeing through real food, habit changes and healthy mindset. With the help of your holistic nutritionist, you will gain a new outlook on food and learn how to incorporate it for healing and prevention — reducing pain and inflammation, improving mood, energy and much more.
Food is more than fuel, it's medicine.
So many of our patients continue to ask for guidance in the area of nutrition in an effort to really commit to their wellness plans. They choose to go “all in” to get themselves better and realize that their nutritional habits could use some help.
Holistic Nutrition is right for you you if…
- You are looking for help figuring out which foods are best suited to your unique needs
- You want to start eating foods that make you feel better, have more energy, reduce symptoms and foster longevity
- You want to become a better version of yourself and know that nutrition is a component you need help fixing
- You want to take control of your health and are committed to change
Meet Jessica Parkes
Jessica Parkes is a Holistic Nutritionist who is interested in more than what you eat – she cares about your environment, lifestyle, history, beliefs, emotions, and what makes you laugh. She wants to know not only how you digest food but also information, situations, and life itself.
After over a decade of communications and business management consulting, Jessica discovered her passion for nutrition and healing. She views symptoms as the body’s way of signaling that there is an imbalance. Jessica teaches her clients to connect the mind with bodily responses while using nutrition as a powerful tool for restoring balance and prevention.
Jessica also has 2 young daughters and is well versed in nutrition throughout the infant, toddler, and childhood years, as well as how to feed a family. She offers profound experience in self-healing and the power of the mind with respect to the physical state. Her approach is empathetic, non-judgmental, and kind. Her passion for understanding everything about you is a driving force that will help you achieve positive change.
Jessica Parkes studied at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition (IHN), earning the designation of Certified Nutritional Practitioner (CNP), and is a member of the Canadian Association of Natural Nutrition Practitioners, providing the designation of Natural Nutrition – Clinical Practitioner (NNCP). But the learning never stops! Jessica continues to take courses through the Continuing Education program at IHN and other avenues. She also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Bishop’s University where she graduated in 2004.
Interested in Holistic Nutrition?
What to Expect
We look forward to serving you and your health needs at BioHeal.
Below are the steps to making your first appointment a great experience…
1. Book Your Appointment
Please contact the office either by:
or calling 613-446-6060
to schedule an initial visit.
2. Prepare for Your Appointment
- Access Your Online Account
- Upon booking, you will receive a couple of email notifications from our office via Jane App:
- Confirmation of your email address.
- Welcome email to set up a username and password to access your secure patient portal.
- Once logged in, you will be able to book/manage appointments, complete online intake forms, add credit cards on file, join any online consult bookings, and much more.
- Payment receipt for the non-refundable deposit.
- Confirmation of appointment booking.
3. Before Your First Visit
You’ll be asked to have all forms, questionnaires and any bloodwork done at least 1 week prior to your first appointment.
And with this, you’re all set!
Let BioHeal Ottawa help you in this journey.