About Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy at BioHeal is gentle in nature. Techniques used are light touch, low force, and designed to calm and regulate the nervous system.
We take a whole body approach to care and examine physical, emotional, and mental factors that are negatively impacting one’s health.
- Improvement or resolvment of health symptoms
- Better emotional well-being
- Fosters mental calmness
- Decreased feelings of stress
Meet Brigitte Martel
Brigitte Martel has been a Registered Massage Therapist for 13 years. Having graduated from the International Academy of Massage Therapy, she takes a holistic approach to Massage Therapy and considers the whole body for each treatment by viewing painful areas as a symptom of compensation rather than the actual cause of pain.
BioHeal Health detective perfectly describes Brigitte’s approach that analyzes the body and peels the layers of compensating tissues to get to the root cause of the pain and provide a more comprehensive and personalized treatment plan.
Your First Visit
We look forward to serving you and your health needs at BioHeal.
Below are the steps to making your first appointment a great experience…
1. Book Your First Appointment
2. Access Your Online Account
Upon booking, you will receive a couple of email notifications from our office via Jane App:
- Confirmation of your email address.
- Welcome email to set up a username and password to access your secure patient portal.
- Once logged in, you will be able to book/manage appointments, complete online intake forms, add credit cards on file, join any online consult bookings, and much more.
- Payment receipt for the non-refundable deposit.
- Confirmation of appointment booking.
- Link to your online intake form.
Online Intake Form
The link to your online intake form will be emailed once you have made the appointment and provided the non-refundable deposit.
- It is important that you fill out the form completely and accurately so that the first meeting can be productive and efficient.
- The intake form is designed to help you examine some of the many factors affecting your health. While it is quite detailed, the time spent in answering ALL the questions is well worth your while 🙂
- Your family history of disease, your past illnesses, your health habits, your work and home environments all have a direct bearing on your health. (Many details that seem insignificant to you may have an important bearing on your diagnosis and treatment.)
- We encourage patients to have their intake forms completed within 7 days of booking their initial visit.
- Please note: We recommend that you set aside about 45-60 minutes of your time to complete the online intake form as it is lengthy and detailed.
Medication & Supplements
Please make sure you list on the intake form: your current medications and supplements including the brand, dose, how long you have been using them and approximately how often you take them.
Previous Lab Tests
Please email us (at least 7 days prior to your first visit) any previous test results for Lyme disease, mycotoxins, heavy metals, and any recent blood work, or anything you feel is relevant to your case.