About Auricular Medicine
In addition to using lab reports and clinical examination, both Dr. Marie and Dr. Jesse further employ the use of an assessment technique known as Auricular Medicine. This technique uses the ear as a medium to facilitate healing. This elegant and highly sophisticated assessment technique was developed in the 1950’s by Dr. Paul Nogier, a French neurologist.
The external ear is highly enervated tissue. It has reflex areas or “zones” which represent all organs, glands and tissues in the body. Each reflex area connects with the body through the brain, the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. This reflex area allows the ear to be used for the detection of imbalances in the body.
These imbalances represent issues that impede the body’s ability to heal and regulate itself; therefore, they are referred to as being “blockages to healing”. They are uncovered in the reverse order in which they have developed in the body, meaning that current or more superficial issues will be found first. As treatment progresses, the root cause of an individual’s health problems can be found and addressed.
Auricular medicine is an energetic reflex technique that uses the patient’s pulse and energetic filters to detect blockages in the body. These filters can detect treatable points in the ear or medicines that will work to clear these blockages. Detectable points that are identified on the ear represent the location of specific imbalances within the body. It allows for the identification and effective treatment of the cause of a person’s health concerns — not just the symptoms.
Auricular Medicine corrects imbalances by stimulating the body’s own healing process.
This assessment technique measures changes in the electro-magnetic field of the body. When micro stimuli are applied to the body, the response of the electro-magnetic field can be measured by monitoring the radial pulse in the wrist. The electromagnetic field will either expand or contract in response to the stimuli, which may represent an organ, a medicine or some other substance depending upon the intent of the practitioner.
Your First Visit
We look forward to serving you and your health needs at BioHeal.
Below are the steps to making your first appointment a great experience…
1. Book Your First Appointment
Please contact the office either by phone at 613.446.6060 or email us at email@example.com to schedule an initial visit. Please note: For Initial Visits only with Dr Marie Matheson, you will be required to book in and see our holistic nutritionist, Jessica Parkes first for an initial visit and a follow-up with her BEFORE conducting your Initial Consult with Dr Marie Matheson. These bookings are included in the initial cost of the appointment.
2. Access Your Online Account
Upon booking, you will receive a couple of email notifications from our office via Jane App:
- Confirmation of your email address.
- Welcome email to set up a username and password to access your secure patient portal.
- Once logged in, you will be able to book/manage appointments, complete online intake forms, add credit cards on file, join any online consult bookings, and much more.
- Payment receipt for the non-refundable deposit.
- Confirmation of appointment booking.
- Link to your online intake form.
Online Intake Form
The link to your online intake form will be emailed once you have made the appointment and provided the non-refundable deposit.
- It is important that you fill out the form completely and accurately so that the first meeting can be productive and efficient.
- The intake form is designed to help you examine some of the many factors affecting your health. While it is quite detailed, the time spent in answering ALL the questions is well worth your while 🙂
- Your family history of disease, your past illnesses, your health habits, your work and home environments all have a direct bearing on your health. (Many details that seem insignificant to you may have an important bearing on your diagnosis and treatment.)
- We encourage patients to have their intake forms completed within 7 days of booking their initial visit.
- Please note: We recommend that you set aside about 45-60 minutes of your time to complete the online intake form as it is lengthy and detailed.
Medication & Supplements
Please make sure you list on the intake form: your current medications and supplements including the brand, dose, how long you have been using them and approximately how often you take them.
Previous Lab Tests
Please email us (at least 7 days prior to your first visit) any previous test results for Lyme disease, mycotoxins, heavy metals, and any recent blood work, or anything you feel is relevant to your case.