Frequency Specific Microcurrent
BioHeal became aware of Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM) through our circle of International Lyme doctors. Their experience with FSM was so encouraging that BioHeal immediately added it among its core therapeutic offerings. FSM has been described by many practitioners as a game changer in the area of pain management (in particular, fibromyalgia and myofascial pain), neurological trigger points and Vagus nerve reset.
FSM is also effective at healing “other” pain associated with nerves, inflammation, scarring, spine and disc issues, injuries to ligaments, tendons and bursa, stress fractures. It can also help speed up the healing of muscles and joints immediately after surgery or accidents.
Predictable and Reproducible
Our Electrical Bodies
In 1985, Dr Robert Becker wrote his seminal book, The Body Electric, and hailed a new era around how to heal the body with frequencies and electric fields.
The human body is an electrical conductor. Your cells generate electrical current and do so in the microamp range. These microcurrents (a millionth of an amp) are 1,000 times weaker than the TENS device your physiotherapist may have used on your aches. They are so faint that you don’t feel them when receiving FSM treatment. What makes this treatment a game changer is that through working with Microcurrents we can now work in biological resonance with your body.
The Principle of Biologic Resonance occurs because microcurrent frequencies can resonate with the biologic tissue when the correct frequency is applied. As Dr. Becker found, each cell has an ideal resonant frequency. When your body experiences any type of injury, trauma or stressor, the normal resonant frequency of that tissue is altered. The desired effect of FSM is to return the tissue back to its normal frequency.
FSM has the capability to increase ATP (energy) production in the cells of your body by as much as 500%. Doing so dramatically increases the tissue’s healing rate. The change in the tissue is unmistakable. Scars, muscle tension and adhesions will often suddenly soften and become “smooshy”. Trigger points often become less painful and inflammation subsides within a single treatment when the “correct” frequency is applied. Changes are often long lasting and in many cases permanent.
Dramatic Changes In Tissue That Can Be Almost Immediate
Why consider FSM Treatment?
FSM can treat medical conditions that would be more difficult with manual therapies. Certain body tissues can be affected by FSM treatment that would be too deep to reach with manual interventions. Noteworthy to us is its ability to remodel scar tissue, for instance.
Benefits of FSM treatment include:
- Increased cell energy (ATP) levels by up to 500%
- Acceleration in healing of acute injuries up to 200%
- Improved oxygenation and cellular repair
- Decreased cellular electrical resistance
- Increased feel-good endorphin levels
- Boosts protein synthesis by 70%
- Repaired regulation of nerve tissue
- Boosted immune function
- Improved cellular function
- Softening of tight tissues
- Decreased inflammation and swelling that leads to stiffness in scarring
- Pain Relief
- Reduction of muscle spasms
- Increased blood circulation to injured areas,
- Maintenance and/or increase range of motion to injured areas
- Increases amino acid transport by up to 40%
- Reduces fracture repair time by up to 50%
- Enhances DNA synthesis, insulin binding, oxygenation, cellular repair, intracellular calcium uptake and immune function
- Superior concussion treatment — in fact, FSM was the only treatment that helped Dr. Marie heal from her concussion
FSM treatments address a wide variety of physical conditions:
- Achilles tendonitis
- Back pain
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Kidney stone pain
- Migraine headaches
- Myofascial pain
- Neuromuscular pain and inflammation
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post-surgical pain
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Scar tissue
- Spinal Disc Pain
- TMJ (Jaw) Pain
- Tendon and ligament injury or pain
- Tension headaches
- Tennis elbow
Meet Bryce Matheson
Bryce is the co-founder and Clinic Director of BioHeal Ottawa. In addition to office duties, Bryce oversees many of the therapeutic services related to pain relief and detoxification. He has a deep knowledge of all of the therapies that BioHeal offers but has truly comprehensive knowledge of many energetic therapies including FSM (Frequency Specific Microcurrent) and PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy).
He and Dr Marie have worked in tandem since 2013 dealing with clients facing complex chronic illnesses. In 2019, Bryce received training, and began offering services, in Neurofeedback Training. He is forever reviewing new therapies to add to BioHeal’s suite of therapeutic modalities in effort that will help future patients heal faster. He has also attained his level II of his Autonomic Response Testing (ART) technique from Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, plus he incorporated neurotherapy (by way of the Crosby Cam system) with training from the late Dr. Robert Kidd.
Meet Dr. Jesse Pierce
Dr. Jesse Pierce, ND, Bsc., is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor who graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2007, and has been in practice in Ottawa since 2008. Dr. Jesse has a general family practice and has a special interest in treating complex chronic illness. She strives to provide an approach to your healthcare that is focused on you! The goal is to provide you with the information, resources, and motivation you need to get you back on the road to health.
Dr. Jesse’s approach is based on helping you understand the cause of your condition. By removing the cause and allowing your body to heal, you will improve your overall vitality. Dr. Pierce has been able to help many people overcome their symptoms and many types of illnesses such as Lyme and co-infections, auto-immune issues, severe acne, insomnia, digestive disturbances, anxiety and depression.
In addition to using lab reports and clinical examination, Dr. Jesse further employs the use of an assessment technique known as Auricular Medicine. This is an assessment tool to determine blockages that are preventing the body from healing.
In her practice she uses drainage, herbs, homeopathy, acupuncture, nutrition and lifestyle counselling as tools to facilitate change and improvements in her patient’s lives. More recently, Dr. Jesse has incorporated “neurofeedback” to help support optimal brain wellness (Learn about Neurofeedback here), as well as becoming a practitioner of the Elapromed system for naturopathic skin treatments (Learn about Elapromed here).
She is a member of both the Canadian association of Naturopathic Medicine and Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors.
Meet dr. amanda chan
Dr. Amanda is a speaker, mentor and a neuro chiropractor. She was originally trained in the traditional chiropractic techniques and now focuses on neuro-optimization.
Dr. Amanda uses revolutionary approaches that are gentle, light touch and specific, to correct neuro abnormality and in turn, optimize your body’s ability to heal itself. One technique often used is Network Spinal Analysis of which she holds the highest level of certification. Other approaches include breathing exercises, personal empowerment workshops as well as lifestyle and nutritional counselling.
As a speaker, Dr. Amanda presents to corporations and local small businesses on topics related to health and wellness.
In her spare time, Amanda enjoys spending time with her family and friends, a daily movement practice, meditation and reading and writing in her journal.
Your First Visit
We look forward to serving you and your health needs at BioHeal.
Below are the steps to making your first appointment a great experience…
1. Book Your First Appointment
2. Access Your Online Account
Upon booking, you will receive a couple of email notifications from our office via Jane App:
- Confirmation of your email address.
- Welcome email to set up a username and password to access your secure patient portal.
- Once logged in, you will be able to book/manage appointments, complete online intake forms, add credit cards on file, join any online consult bookings, and much more.
- Payment receipt for the non-refundable deposit.
- Confirmation of appointment booking.
- Link to your online intake form.
Online Intake Form
The link to your online intake form will be emailed once you have made the appointment and provided the non-refundable deposit.
- It is important that you fill out the form completely and accurately so that the first meeting can be productive and efficient.
- The intake form is designed to help you examine some of the many factors affecting your health. While it is quite detailed, the time spent in answering ALL the questions is well worth your while 🙂
- Your family history of disease, your past illnesses, your health habits, your work and home environments all have a direct bearing on your health. (Many details that seem insignificant to you may have an important bearing on your diagnosis and treatment.)
- We encourage patients to have their intake forms completed within 7 days of booking their initial visit.
- Please note: We recommend that you set aside about 45-60 minutes of your time to complete the online intake form as it is lengthy and detailed.
Medication & Supplements
Please make sure you list on the intake form: your current medications and supplements including the brand, dose, how long you have been using them and approximately how often you take them.
Previous Lab Tests
Please email us (at least 7 days prior to your first visit) any previous test results for Lyme disease, mycotoxins, heavy metals, and any recent blood work, or anything you feel is relevant to your case.