Thank you for your amazing patience over the past few months. BioHeal Ottawa is now able to welcome you back to the clinic for in-person appointments, and there are some new guidelines in effect. We are following guidance from the Ontario Public Health’s COVID-19 Operational Requirements: Health Sector Restart and our regulatory colleges to best serve you during the COVID-19 crisis. We ask that you are patient with this transition, and please follow the rules we have in place to ensure everyone’s safety.
BioHeal Ottawa is scheduled to open for select services.
Our new operating hours for services & treatments will be:
Mondays- Afternoon (Dr. Amanda, Dr. Jesse, Dr. Marie, Footbaths, PEMF)
Tuesdays- Morning (Dr. Amanda, Dr. Marie, Lisa, Footbaths, PEMF)
Wednesdays- Morning (Dr. Jesse, Dr. Marie, Footbaths)
- If you wish to keep your appointment for TeleHealth/Phone consultation, you may do so! In fact, we encourage vulnerable patient groups and those who do not need to come in for in-office visit to keep appointments virtual. This helps to limit the spread of infection. During our COVID restart we are going to control appointment scheduling (province rules and staff safety) and will need to temporarily disable the on-line booking feature. Therefore, the fastest way to schedule appointments is via EMAIL: email@example.com
- COVID-19 Survey: 36 hours before your appointment (virtual, phone consults and in-clinic), you will receive an email with an online survey you MUST fill out in advance of your appointment. You will not gain access to your in-clinic appointment without filling out the survey and there are no computers at the office to use to fill out this online survey, so please complete this at home. This survey is intended for us to screen patients for any illness, recent travel, COVID-19 symptoms, or possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Please alert us to any changes in your health upon arriving for your appointment.
- We will be employing extra cleaning procedures for our office and equipment in accordance with Ontario Public Health Guidelines.
- We will be wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks and gloves when necessary according to the Ontario Public Health Guidelines.
- We ask that you (and your child/dependent) also wear a mask when visiting our clinic, even if you are not displaying any symptoms. This can be a fabric mask, but the mask must cover your nose and mouth. If you require a mask, we will have disposable masks for purchase.
- Please cough/sneeze into your arm and do not touch your mouth, nose, or face.
- Please wash your hands with soap (for 20 secs) or sanitize your hands upon arrival. We will have hand sanitizers available to use and to purchase, or you may use the washroom sink.
- We ask that you arrive on time for appointments (not early or late), as we cannot accommodate extra patients in the waiting room.
- Self-check-in will be available using your mobile phone. The QR code poster will be posted on both the front door and the inner vestibule door. Simply point your mobile device at the QR code to begin
- Apple devices: Open the Camera app and point the device at the code. The device should recognize the code and show a notification that can be clicked on to visit the check-in page.
- Android devices: You’ll want “Google Lens Suggestions” enabled on the most updated version of the Camera App. Once that’s on, you should be able to scan the QR code with your camera to access the check-in page via the pop up at the bottom of the screen.
- Physical distancing is in-effect in our clinic, and you must stay at least 2 m away from other patrons in the office while you are waiting for your appointment. This also includes standing away from our BioHeal Front Desk Team while checking out. We will have designated standing areas in the waiting room as well as the use of the outdoor patio, weather permitting.
- Please do not bring extra family members to the appointment. If the patient is your child, teenager, or dependent, only 1 adult can accompany this patient in the office. Other visitors will be asked to wait outside.
- We are only accepting “no-contact” payments (no cash or cheques). Through your Jane App profile you are now able to update your credit card information yourself (a new feature). Or you can call us or email in advance of your appointment.
- If you are wanting to pick up supplements and you do not have an appointment, please follow the same procedures for Curbside pick-up on Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10 am - 1 pm (we can make exceptions on a case by case for different pickup time and days) and call us from your car when you arrive. This helps reduce the number of people in the clinic. We will be happy to drop off your package on the bench outside. In order to ensure efficiency upon your arrival, please email us to process your order and payment. You will receive a confirmation of your order which then confirms that its ready for curbside pick-up.
- If you are feeling sick, have recently travelled or have any new or ongoing symptoms of infection, including possible symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and quarantine for 14 days or longer. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.